Marantz 2Ch Integrated Amplifier with new Phono-EQ - BlackPM8006/N1B
Marantz 2Ch Integrated Amplifier with new Phono-EQ - BlackPM8006/N1B
With a fully discrete current feedback design, the PM8006 integrated amplifier is perfect for audiophiles wanting both excellent music quality and flexible operation.
It offers a powerful 2x 70W into 8 ohm, while the symmetrical circuits ensure optimal imaging. To ensure the most involving musical experience, the amplifier uses a new Marantz-designed electric volume control and brand-new Marantz Musical Phono EQ phono preamp stage, designed to get the purest signal from beloved vinyls by minimized noise levels. To further remove interference, new isolating feet are used to support the amplifier, combining high density and a damping fibre.
The PM8006 also includes preamp outputs along with a power amp direct input, which lets you use the unit as a standalone power amplifier for integration into a multi-channel home theater system. For precise sound tailoring, our triple tone control system provides separate controls for the bass, midrange and treble. The elegant remote control features an ergonomic layout for easy operation, and can control accompanying source players.
Current Feedback amplification is a well-known, Marantz-original circuit technology, suiting perfectly with the requirements of Super Audio hi-res music for wide-bandwidth, high-speed reproduction. The impedance at the Current Feedback point is limited resulting in a very low phase shift, meaning Marantz Current Feedback amplifiers reduce the need for phase compensation via Negative FeedBack (NFB) to a minimum. This simplified the signal path, resulting in high through-rate, excellent transient response and superb sonic transparency across the full bandwidth. Unlike conventional Voltage Feedback topology, Current Feedback also makes the power amplifier insensitive to difficult loudspeaker loads.
Marantz HDAM Technology
Marantz developed its own discrete circuit boards, called Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Modules, or HDAMs, to replace the chip based amps used elsewhere. Using discrete surface mount components with short mirror-image left and right signal paths, HDAMs outperform the regular integrated Op-amps dramatically in Slew Rate and noise level, resulting in a much more dynamic, accurate and detailed sound. Over the years Marantz has developed different HDAMs to fit the particular requirements of players and amplifiers: the PM8006 uses the high-grade SA3 version.
Marantz Musical Phono EQ
For a long time, Marantz integrated amplifiers have featured high-quality phono stages, but now the company takes its commitment to vinyl to new levels with the Marantz Musical Phono EQ stage, launched in the PM8006 amplifier. This unique technology, simplifying the signal path in the phono stage for optimal sound quality, underlines the company’s commitment to the very best playback of all music sources, be they digital or analogue. Marantz Musical Phono EQ uses two-stage amplification, allowing less gain per stage, for lower distortion. Of course, being a Marantz design it uses the company’s HDAMs, but here they’re combined with JFETs (junction gate field-effect transistors) in the input stage, giving a high input impedance. This allows the deletion of the AC coupling capacitors previously used providing a simpler signal path for the tiny output from a phono cartridge, improving signal purity.
A Toroidal transformer has several advantages over a normal EI core transformer. It is very efficient and therefore delivers more power compared to the same size of an EI core transformer. In addition, due to its shape, the electromagnetic radiation and the mechanical vibration are extremely low all ending in a better sound quality.
Often under-estimated: a high-quality volume control
A newly developed electric volume control using the latest volume control IC realizes better channel separation, dynamic range and distortion-reduction, while retaining the operational feel of an analogue volume control device. To ensure the most involving musical experience, the amplifier uses a new Marantz-designed electric volume control for high linearity and best-in-class channel separation.
High quality, original Marantz SPKT-1+ Speaker Terminals
The terminals are made of massive brass with a thick silver plating for the best possible contact with the speaker cables, and the main speaker terminals are mounted lower, and thus closer to the main circuit board, to reduce the signal path. That’s in keeping with the entire design of the amplifier, which uses the shortest possible signal paths and High Instantaneous Current topology for better speed and dynamics.
- Power Consumption 220 W
- Standby Consumption 0.2 W
- Auto Power off
- Detachable Power Cable
- Remote Control RC001PMND
- System Remote Function
- Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H) 440 x 379 x 128 mm
- Weight 12.0 kg
This product comes with a 36 month manufacturer's warranty.
Benefits of the Premium Care Product Protection Plan
- Peace of mind: You are Covered for problems with the functionality or operation of Your Item, including Fair Wear and Tear, during the term of Your Premium Care Product Protection Plan.
- Replacement for products under $400: During the period of Your Cover, if Your Item costs less than $400 and it suffers a Breakdown, We will replace it with a new product or provide a Store Card.
- No Lemon Guarantee: During the period of Your Cover, if Your Item costs more than $400 and has been repaired three times under Your Premium Care Product Protection Plan, on the fourth time We will replace it with a new product or provide You with a Store Card.
- Repair Time Guarantee: If We take longer than 21 days to repair Your Item, We will replace it with a new product or provide You with a Store Card.
- Our 21 day guarantee commences from when the repairer has possession of Your Item and ceases the earlier of:
- The date the repairer sends to You or makes available to You Your Covered Item having completed repairs; and
- The date that is 21 days after the repairer received possession of Your Item.
- Fair Wear and Tear: We Cover mechanical or electrical breakdown of Your Item even as a result of Fair Wear and Tear.
- Free Assessment: We will not charge You for an assessment, even when no fault is found with Your Item.
- Free Freight Costs: During the claims process, We will Cover any freight costs associated with the handling of Your Item.
- Power Surge Protection: Your Item is Covered for a Breakdown caused by a power surge.
- Overseas Protection: Portable Items such as Laptops, Tablets, Mobile Phones and Digital Cameras that can be used whilst travelling overseas are Covered when they suffer a Breakdown whilst overseas.
- Small Business Cover: We provide Cover for laptops, desktops, tablets, printers and scanners used within a Small Business.
- Additional Benefits: Additional food spoilage and laundry service benefits are available in the event of a valid claim for the relevant Covered Item, even when the Covered Item fails due to Fair Wear and Tear.
- Transferability: Should You sell or gift Your Covered Item You can choose to transfer the Cover to the new owner of the Item.
The above benefits are all subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions.
Available Extended Warranties
- Extend by 24 months
- Extend by 12 months
Delivery Time Frames
Please be patient with us. We’ll do our best to get your orders to you as fast as possible however, some orders may be delayed. Orders with multiple items may be delivered as separate packages. Heathcotes are committed to safeguarding the health, safety and wellbeing of our customers, employees and communities and will adhere to the Government’s guidelines when handling these items.
Once you place your order our work begins. Our extensive delivery network means we can ship anywhere in the North & South Islands. We will ship directly to your home or business.
Once the order leaves our warehouse you will receive a dispatch email with tracking information.
Delivery time frames vary depending on location in New Zealand. Please allow for extra time if you are in a rural address.
Please note that all orders placed on the weekend will be processed on Monday morning.
Small items Delivery Time Frames - Please allow 3-7 working days. Rural areas please allow an extra day or two.
Large items Delivery Time Frames - Please allow 5-10 working days. Rural areas please allow an extra day or two.
Bed & Bedroom Furniture Delivery Time Frames - Please allow 10-14 working days. Rural areas please allow an extra day or two.
Tracking Your Order
Heathcotes partner with Courier Post & Fliway Transport to deliver your order direct to your door.
If you have any questions regarding the delivery of your product please contact the Heathcote Appliances website team firstname.lastname@example.org
The easiest way to calculate freight cost when viewing an item is to click the "Calculate Freight" link and then enter your postcode. If you are ordering multiple items, often there will be a freight saving - the total freight cost will be displayed at shopping cart time.
National Delivery Network
For smaller orders, we use CourierPost's network, for larger orders we use Fliway's Delivery Network. All orders must be signed for on delivery so we know that your purchase has been delivered successfully.
If you have any questions regarding the delivery of your product please contact the Heathcote Appliances website email@example.com