Denon Integrated Amp with DAC Mode for High Resolution Audio - SilverPMA1600NESPE
Denon Integrated Amp with DAC Mode for High Resolution Audio - SilverPMA1600NESPE
Denon is one of the rare audio brands that continue to actively develop Hi-Fi components and accumulate, refine, and pass down Hi-Fi audio technologies.
The performance of the PMA-1600NE goes well beyond that of Denon’s previous PMA-1500 series. With its ultimate built-quality, unique Denon technologies and state-of-the-art connectivity, the PMA-1600NE truly is a masterpiece of sound technology. Thanks to the rear USB-B input and embedded high quality D/A converter, the PMA plays high resolution files up to 384kHz/32bit and DSD up to 11.2MHz from a computer in impeccable sonic quality.
For the best performance from analogue inputs, the PMA-1600NE features an Analog Mode which allows to switch off all unutilized sections like the digital input circuitry or the low noise display for an unaltered audio reproduction.
Advanced Ultra High Current MOS – Single Push-Pull Circuit
The amplifier features Advanced UHC (Ultra High Current)-MOS technology that utilizes a minimum number of high-current amplifier elements to balance advanced speaker drive capabilities and improved sound quality.
Advanced UHC-MOS is an ideal amplifier whose power supply performance is superior to that of bipolar transistors and incorporates the sound quality advantages of MOS-FETs. The Advanced UHC-MOS is provided in a single push-pull configuration that eliminates deviations in the amplification stage and balances high power with delicate musical details. This circuit masterfully reproduces the full sonic range, from the delicate musical nuances to the powerful climaxes of rich musical expression.
6-block chassis configuration & direct Mechanical Ground Construction
The PMA-1600NE’s chassis is configured of six independent blocks that house the phono equalizer and input circuitry, volume control circuitry, USB-DAC circuitry, amplification circuitry, power section, and the control section.
The chassis constructed with 1.0mm thick steel plates protects the signal circuits from external vibration and eliminates the adverse effects of mutual interference among the circuits. The power section has been positioned in the center of the PMA-1600NE. With heat sinks on both sides, this construction of well-balanced mass is in an ideal location to prevent unwanted vibration from affecting sound quality. In addition, the feet supporting the heavy weight of the power transformer, heat sinks, and chassis are made of ABS resin with rigid rib construction.
Advanced AL32 Processing Plus – Supporting 384-kHz/32-bit PCM input
For digital input, the PMA-1600NE employs Advanced AL32 Processing Plus, the latest version of Denon’s analogue waveform reproduction technology which utilizes unique data interpolation algorithms and also supports high-resolution 384-kHz/32-bit PCM signal input. These algorithms interpolate points that should exist before and after the points in large quantities of data to achieve a smooth waveform that is close to that of the original signal. By carefully restoring data that was lost during digital recording, the resulting playback sound is highly detailed, free of interference, accurately localized, richly expressive in the lower range, and beautifully faithful to the original sound.
Digital Isolator and Analog Mode
The PMA-1600NE is equipped with a high-speed digital isolator to eliminate adverse influences on sound quality caused by high-frequency noise from a USB-connected computer or from the PMA-1600NE’s digital inputs. Since data is transferred magnetically via coils embedded in an IC chip, the input and output sides are electrically isolated. By isolating the signal line between digital audio circuitry and the D/A converter, adverse influences of high-frequency noise on analogue audio circuitry after the D/A converter are eliminated. The PMA-1600NE also adopted a dedicated secondary winding in power transformer for the digital circuitry to shut out noise from the power source. During analogue audio playback, the Analog Mode can be used to turn off power to the dedicated digital power source and completely stop operation of the digital input circuitry to avoid any high frequency influence to the analogue section. Analog Mode also turns off the fluorescent display, allowing the PMA-1600NE to operate as a purely analogue amp (during Analog Mode, USB-B, coaxial digital, and optical digital inputs are disabled).
MM/MC phono equalizer
The PMA-1600NE includes a phono equalizer that supports input from both MM and MC cartridges. This phono equalizer has high gain, and as loops in the circuit board pattern can cause adverse effects on sound quality, the “simple & straight” design represents a significant improvement. On the PMA-1600NE, the MM/MC toggle switch was changed from a push type to a relay type, which shortens the pattern on the circuit board and makes signal loops smaller, allowing delicate analogue signals to be amplified with greater purity.
System remote controller and clear view front display
The PMA-1600NE comes with a system remote control unit that can also operate the DCD-1600NE and other Denon CD players. The low noise FL display on the product front panel gives source and sample rate indication.
- 2 x 140 W (4 ohm) output
- Advanced Ultra High Current (UHC)-MOS Single Push-Pull Circuit Power Amplifier with Schottky barrier diodes
- DAC Master Clock Design
- Rear USB-B input
- Digital isolator to eliminate high-frequency computer noise on the USB-B or digital inputs
- FL display for source and sample rate indication
- Analog AMP Mode switching off digital audio circuitry and display
- Advanced AL32 Processing
- Direct Mechanical Ground Construction
- Chassis construction with 6 independent blocks
- Main transformer with separate power supplies for analogue and digital circuits
- 2 Digital Optical and 1 Digital Coaxial inputs; High performance MM & MC Phono Equalizer Amp
- Available in Premium Silver and Black
This product comes with a 36 month manufacturer's warranty.
Benefits of the Premium Care Product Protection Plan
- Peace of mind: You are Covered for problems with the functionality or operation of Your Item, including Fair Wear and Tear, during the term of Your Premium Care Product Protection Plan.
- Replacement for products under $400: During the period of Your Cover, if Your Item costs less than $400 and it suffers a Breakdown, We will replace it with a new product or provide a Store Card.
- No Lemon Guarantee: During the period of Your Cover, if Your Item costs more than $400 and has been repaired three times under Your Premium Care Product Protection Plan, on the fourth time We will replace it with a new product or provide You with a Store Card.
- Repair Time Guarantee: If We take longer than 21 days to repair Your Item, We will replace it with a new product or provide You with a Store Card.
- Our 21 day guarantee commences from when the repairer has possession of Your Item and ceases the earlier of:
- The date the repairer sends to You or makes available to You Your Covered Item having completed repairs; and
- The date that is 21 days after the repairer received possession of Your Item.
- Fair Wear and Tear: We Cover mechanical or electrical breakdown of Your Item even as a result of Fair Wear and Tear.
- Free Assessment: We will not charge You for an assessment, even when no fault is found with Your Item.
- Free Freight Costs: During the claims process, We will Cover any freight costs associated with the handling of Your Item.
- Power Surge Protection: Your Item is Covered for a Breakdown caused by a power surge.
- Overseas Protection: Portable Items such as Laptops, Tablets, Mobile Phones and Digital Cameras that can be used whilst travelling overseas are Covered when they suffer a Breakdown whilst overseas.
- Small Business Cover: We provide Cover for laptops, desktops, tablets, printers and scanners used within a Small Business.
- Additional Benefits: Additional food spoilage and laundry service benefits are available in the event of a valid claim for the relevant Covered Item, even when the Covered Item fails due to Fair Wear and Tear.
- Transferability: Should You sell or gift Your Covered Item You can choose to transfer the Cover to the new owner of the Item.
The above benefits are all subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions.
Available Extended Warranties
- Extend by 24 months
- Extend by 12 months
Covid -19 Delivery Times
Please be patient with us. We’ll do our best to get your orders to you as fast as possible however, some orders may be delayed. Orders with multiple items may be delivered as separate packages. Heathcotes are committed to safeguarding the health, safety and wellbeing of our customers, employees and communities and will adhere to the Government’s guidelines when handling these items.
Once you place your order our work begins. Our extensive delivery network means we can ship anywhere in the North & South Islands. We will ship directly to your home or business.
The easiest way to calculate freight cost when viewing an item is to click the "Calculate Freight" link and then enter your postcode. If you are ordering multiple items, often there will be a freight saving - the total freight cost will be displayed at shopping cart time.
Small $6 Shipping Rate
This rate will apply to most small items - cellphones, headphones, small Bluetooth speakers, laptops etc.
If you order multiple items (<5) that fall into this category on one purchase, you will only be charged once for the total order. These orders will have a total of $6 freight.
If you order 5-10 products that fall into the Small $6 Shipping Category then you will be charged this rate twice.
If you order 11-15 products that fall into the Small $6 Shipping Category then you will be charged this rate three times.
If you are purchasing one small item combined a with a larger item that requires heavy freighting then this charge will be waived.
Large $6 Shipping Rate
This rate applies to most "larger" small appliances – coffee machines, receivers, vacuum cleaners, printers etc.
If you purchase these products you will be charged $6 freight per item. This will then be added to any other freight chargers your shopping cart may have.
There are no discounts for ordering multiple large $6 shipping items.
$10 Nationwide shipping
This rate applies to large items that still go on courier services. This is the total rate nationwide if it is rural or metro.
If you purchase these products you will be charged $10 freight per item. This will then be added to any other freight chargers your shopping cart may have.
There are no discounts for ordering multiple large $10 shipping items.
National Delivery Network
For smaller orders, we use CourierPost's network, for larger orders we use Fliway's Delivery Network. All orders must be signed for on delivery so we know that your purchase has been delivered successfully.
Track Your product
Once we dispatch your order you will be emailed with an invoice.
If your item has been shipped with Courier Post you will also be issued with a Track 'n' Trace number which allows you to track exactly where your order is.
If you have purchased a large item it will be shipped with Fliway transport. You will then be issued with connote number to track the order.
To track an order please see below under 'Tracking Your Order'.
Delivery Time Frames
Delivery Time Frames - Please allow 2-3 working days for your order to be dispatched from our warehouse. Once the order leaves our warehouse you will receive a dispatch email with tracking information.
Delivery time frames vary depending on location in New Zealand. Please allow for extra time if you are in a rural address.
Please note that all orders placed on the weekend will be processed on Monday morning.
Bed Delivery Time Frames - Please allow 7-10 working days for your order to arrive. Rural areas please allow an extra day.
Bedroom Funiture Delivery Time Frames - Please allow 7-10 working days for your order to arrive. Rural areas please allow an extra day.
If you have any questions regarding the delivery of your product please contact the Heathcote Appliances website email@example.com
Tracking Your Order
Heathcotes partner with Courier Post & Fliway Transport to deliver your order direct to your door.
Non-Rural Deliveries - Please allow 2-3 working days for your order to be dispatched from our warehouse. North Island city locations take approx 1-3 days (Please note this is only a guide). You can track your order once you have received a dispatch email.
Rural Deliveries - Please allow 2-3 working days for your order to be dispatched from our warehouse. Please allow an extra few working days for delivery of your product. You can track your order once you have received a dispatch email.
If you have any questions regarding the delivery of your product please contact the Heathcote Appliances website team firstname.lastname@example.org