Denon Compact Digital AmpPMA60SPE2
Denon Compact Digital AmpPMA60SPE2
For more than a century, we’ve been very serious about engineering the perfect sound – that’s why, in the early years, we called our Hi-Fi products “precision audio components”.
And our approach hasn’t changed since: it’s all about performance. With this in mind, we decided that, though our latest products should be compact, and with remarkably sleek styling, they should be true high fidelity components. In other words, they should be totally Denon. Introducing the Denon Design Series: Real Hi-Fi For Today’s Lifestyles.
Digital Integrated Stereo Amplifier
The PMA-60 amplifier delivers true Denon sound, with outstanding performance despite its compact size. And it does so using Denon technology developed over many years, such as the Advanced AL32 audio processing it uses to turn digital data into beautiful music. With analogue and digital connectivity as well as Bluetooth®, audio streaming from your computer or a portable device is a piece of cake. And if you’re keen on high-resolution audio, this amp will be your perfect choice because of its USB-B input. Its 50W per channel output makes it suitable for a wide range of speaker types. Its compact design allows it to fit in limited spaces and you can even place the PMA-60 vertically – the orientation of the OLED display will adjust accordingly.
Fully digital processing
Since DDFA is a digital input type Class D amplifier, when playing back a digital source, interpolation processing by “Advanced AL32 PP” technology, volume adjustment, amplification, and feedback management is all undertaken in the digital domain. This makes it possible to eliminate the influence of external noise which can become a problem with analogue amplifiers. The end result is a broad soundstage with excellent transparency and resolution. * Advanced AL32 Processing Plus is compatible with PCM signals only
Bespoke Hi-Fi components taken from Denon’s high-end “NE series”
We have employed a number of audio electrolytic capacitors, resistors, film capacitors that are also used in the “NE series”, a new generation of Denon’s renowned Hi-Fi components. These optimum parts were selected by our lead sound engineer only after repeated auditions. To further refine sound quality, we introduced custom parts developed in collaboration with electrolytic capacitors parts manufacturers.
Powerful and detailed sound
The advanced amplifier section incorporates Qualcomm DDFA® technology for an amazing sound from a compact form factor. The output stage circuit has a discrete construction which realizes higher Signal-to-Noise-ratio and lower distortion compared to conventional class D amplifiers. This advanced amplifier system delivers superior audio fidelity along with high amplifier efficiency at 50W into 4 ohms. The premium grade multi-way speaker connectors let you connect speaker cables via bare wire, pin connectors as well as banana plug connectors.
Master clock design
Advanced AL32 Adopt master clock design that operates FPGA and USB digital audio interface with master clock supplied from ultra-low jitter clock placed close to FPGA that performs processing such as Processing Plus. By precisely synchronizing each digital circuit with high quality master clock, high quality reproduction with reduced jitter is realized. In addition, it switches the two systems of clocks of the 44.1 kHz system and the 48 kHz system according to the sampling rate of the input signal, and supplies the clock of the optimum frequency. By eliminating jitter due to non-integral multiplication, we suppress waveform fluctuation in the time axis direction and perform ideal signal processing.
Precise digital volume control
Volume can be precisely adjusted in 1dB steps. Since processing is all undertaken in the digital domain, it is possible to completely eliminate gang errors and crosstalk which cause volume difference between the left and right channels.
Unique Denon Audio Processing
For the ultimate fidelity with your favourite digital audio tracks, the PMA-60 features Denon’s Advanced AL32 digital audio processing system. Featured on Denon’s premium audiophile disc players and digital audio components, Advanced AL32 processing upconverts, digitally filters and noise-shapes lower bit data to full 32-bits, delivering remarkable dynamic range and noticeably better low level resolution. Your digital audio tracks have never sounded better.
192kHz/24-bit digital input compatible
The PMA-60 has two optical digital inputs and one coaxial digital input that can connect digital equipment such as TVs and CD players. These inputs are compatible with high resolution sound sources up to a maximum of 192kHz/24-bit.
High Resolution Audio via your computer
Via the USB-B input on the back panel, you can connect your Mac or PC to the PMA-60 and enjoy high resolution audio tracks. The PMA-60 can play high resolution PCM files of up to 32-bits/384-kHz along with high resolution DSD 2.8 MHz, 5.6 MHz and even 11.2 MHz files (DSD is the advanced digital audio coding system of SACD). A USB-A to USB-B cable is included. To eliminate induced digital noise via the USB input, the PMA-60 features a dedicated noise isolation block prior to the digital amplifier and D/A conversion block that prevents digital noise from degrading the audio fidelity.
Bluetooth with NFC and aptX Low Latency
Stream your favourite audio tracks from your portable devices via the PMA-60’s Bluetooth connectivity, which features quick and easy pairing via the Bluetooth button on the front panel. For even faster pairing, the PMA-60 features NFC (Near Field Communication). Simply activate your NFC-enabled Bluetooth device and place it next to the N mark on the PMA-60 (located on the side panel), and it’s instantly paired with no need for manual passcode entry. For CD-quality audio playback, the PMA-60 features the latest generation Qualcomm aptX Low Latency decoding, which also provides optimum time synchronization when playing back audio from video sources with no lip sync issues.
High quality headphone output
For top audio fidelity the PMA-60 is equipped with a dedicated headphone amplifier circuit that features a high speed ultra low distortion wideband op amp that’s paired with a fully discrete final output stage. In order to accommodate the widest range of headphone types, the PMA-60 features an adjustable headphone impedance control, with 3 settings for low, medium and high impedance headphones which provide proper matching of headphone impedance and amplifier gain. The headphone jack features a 6.3mm connector for compatibility with premium home and professional studio headphone models.
Pure class elegantly designed
The Denon Design Series stands out, thanks to its combination of soft-look aluminium, bright silver tone accents and a mixture of glossy and matt black surfaces. Crisp OLED displays tell you all you need to know at a glance, using icons and text. And the PMA-60 and DCD-50 make a real statement also when used horizontally or vertically.
- Class D power with new generation DDFA amplifier technology
- Fully digital processing
- Advanced AL32 Processing Plus brings the high-resolution sound closer to the original recording
- DSD 11.2 MHz & PCM 384 kHz / 32 bit compatible USB-DAC
- Digital isolator shuts out PC noise
- Advanced master clock design
- High quality headphone amplifier
- Bluetooth compatible (aptX Low Latency / AAC / SBC, NFC compatible)
- Superbly finished aluminium panels
This product comes with a 36 month manufacturer's warranty.
Benefits of the Premium Care Product Protection Plan
- Peace of mind: You are Covered for problems with the functionality or operation of Your Item, including Fair Wear and Tear, during the term of Your Premium Care Product Protection Plan.
- Replacement for products under $400: During the period of Your Cover, if Your Item costs less than $400 and it suffers a Breakdown, We will replace it with a new product or provide a Store Card.
- No Lemon Guarantee: During the period of Your Cover, if Your Item costs more than $400 and has been repaired three times under Your Premium Care Product Protection Plan, on the fourth time We will replace it with a new product or provide You with a Store Card.
- Repair Time Guarantee: If We take longer than 21 days to repair Your Item, We will replace it with a new product or provide You with a Store Card.
- Our 21 day guarantee commences from when the repairer has possession of Your Item and ceases the earlier of:
- The date the repairer sends to You or makes available to You Your Covered Item having completed repairs; and
- The date that is 21 days after the repairer received possession of Your Item.
- Fair Wear and Tear: We Cover mechanical or electrical breakdown of Your Item even as a result of Fair Wear and Tear.
- Free Assessment: We will not charge You for an assessment, even when no fault is found with Your Item.
- Free Freight Costs: During the claims process, We will Cover any freight costs associated with the handling of Your Item.
- Power Surge Protection: Your Item is Covered for a Breakdown caused by a power surge.
- Overseas Protection: Portable Items such as Laptops, Tablets, Mobile Phones and Digital Cameras that can be used whilst travelling overseas are Covered when they suffer a Breakdown whilst overseas.
- Small Business Cover: We provide Cover for laptops, desktops, tablets, printers and scanners used within a Small Business.
- Additional Benefits: Additional food spoilage and laundry service benefits are available in the event of a valid claim for the relevant Covered Item, even when the Covered Item fails due to Fair Wear and Tear.
- Transferability: Should You sell or gift Your Covered Item You can choose to transfer the Cover to the new owner of the Item.
The above benefits are all subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions.
Available Extended Warranties
- Extend by 12 months
- Extend by 24 months
Delivery Time Frames
Please be patient with us. We’ll do our best to get your orders to you as fast as possible however, some orders may be delayed. Orders with multiple items may be delivered as separate packages. Heathcotes are committed to safeguarding the health, safety and wellbeing of our customers, employees and communities and will adhere to the Government’s guidelines when handling these items.
Once you place your order our work begins. Our extensive delivery network means we can ship anywhere in the North & South Islands. We will ship directly to your home or business.
Once the order leaves our warehouse you will receive a dispatch email with tracking information.
Delivery time frames vary depending on location in New Zealand. Please allow for extra time if you are in a rural address.
Please note that all orders placed on the weekend will be processed on Monday morning.
Small items Delivery Time Frames - Please allow 3-7 working days. Rural areas please allow an extra day or two.
Large items Delivery Time Frames - Please allow 5-10 working days. Rural areas please allow an extra day or two.
Bed & Bedroom Furniture Delivery Time Frames - Please allow 10-14 working days. Rural areas please allow an extra day or two.
Tracking Your Order
Heathcotes partner with Courier Post & Fliway Transport to deliver your order direct to your door.
If you have any questions regarding the delivery of your product please contact the Heathcote Appliances website team email@example.com
The easiest way to calculate freight cost when viewing an item is to click the "Calculate Freight" link and then enter your postcode. If you are ordering multiple items, often there will be a freight saving - the total freight cost will be displayed at shopping cart time.
National Delivery Network
For smaller orders, we use CourierPost's network, for larger orders we use Fliway's Delivery Network. All orders must be signed for on delivery so we know that your purchase has been delivered successfully.
If you have any questions regarding the delivery of your product please contact the Heathcote Appliances website firstname.lastname@example.org