Marantz reference series integrated amplifier - GoldPM10S1/N1G
Marantz reference series integrated amplifier - GoldPM10S1/N1G
Amplifiers are at the core of Marantz history
It’s very first product was a high-quality preamplifier designed to make the most of the then-new LP record format. And with a history stretching all the way to that ground-breaking Audio Consolette – which Saul B Marantz started manufacturing in 1952, and which soon became the first real Marantz product, the Model 1 preamplifier – it’s no surprise that the company’s very latest Premium Series model, the PM-10, is an integrated amplifier built to set new standards with all of today’s music formats.
In fact, this massively powerful integrated amplifier is constructed more like a high-end separate preamplifier and a pair of monobloc power amps, but all in one beautifully finished case, designed both to maximise performance and create a strong visual statement.
Making an integrated amplifier with dual monobloc design fitting in a normal size cabinet is made possible by the use of a stereo switching amplifier. Its aim? To reveal the maximum musical involvement from everything from LPs to the latest high-resolution audio files and beyond, and with all the power and control required to drive the most demanding loudspeakers, allowing them to perform at their best.
To achieve such quality, while still delivering class-leading power, means optimising each section of the amplifier for its task, just as would be done in a design using a separate preamplifier and monobloc power amps.
Another important part of the noise-reduction here is the fact that the PM-10 is a purely analogue amplifier: many rival designs are today including digital-to-analogue conversion, or adopting digital amplification and volume control, but the Marantz keeps things as clean and simple as possible with its highly-developed all-analogue design.
Fully balanced, from input to final power section
The benefits of balanced audio layout have long been understood: unlike a conventional layout, one half of the signal path is in the ground plane of either an amplifier or a cable, balanced working uses two conductors or paths – one for positive, the other for negative – and an entirely separate ground to protect them.
Balanced, bridged power amplification
For the PM-10, Marantz wanted the purest possible sound, plus the power and dynamics to drive and control some of the world’s most demanding speakers. To achieve this, they continued the balanced working found in the preamp stage right the way through to the power amplifier stage to its speaker outputs, and also adopted bridged working to develop the power required while maintaining that balanced design. This True Balanced Concept realizes a ground-free signal management from the input to the output.
Carefully selected components
Marantz has long built a reputation for choosing the best-possible components for its Premium Series products – and if it can’t find what it wants, it designs and builds the required part.
Built to perform
Like the partnering SA-10 Super Audio CD/CD player/DAC, the PM-10 is constructed to the highest possible standards, with a double-layered copper-plated chassis for excellent rejection of mechanical and electrical interference, and casework constructed from thick, heavy, non-magnetic aluminium panels. Both products also sit on aluminium die-cast feet.
- Power Consumption in W 270
- Standby Consumption in W 0.3
- Remote Control RC004PMSA
- Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H) in mm 440 x 453 x 168
- Weight in kg 21.5
This product comes with a 36 month manufacturer's warranty.
Benefits of the Premium Care Product Protection Plan
- Peace of mind: You are Covered for problems with the functionality or operation of Your Item, including Fair Wear and Tear, during the term of Your Premium Care Product Protection Plan.
- Replacement for products under $400: During the period of Your Cover, if Your Item costs less than $400 and it suffers a Breakdown, We will replace it with a new product or provide a Store Card.
- No Lemon Guarantee: During the period of Your Cover, if Your Item costs more than $400 and has been repaired three times under Your Premium Care Product Protection Plan, on the fourth time We will replace it with a new product or provide You with a Store Card.
- Repair Time Guarantee: If We take longer than 21 days to repair Your Item, We will replace it with a new product or provide You with a Store Card.
- Our 21 day guarantee commences from when the repairer has possession of Your Item and ceases the earlier of:
- The date the repairer sends to You or makes available to You Your Covered Item having completed repairs; and
- The date that is 21 days after the repairer received possession of Your Item.
- Fair Wear and Tear: We Cover mechanical or electrical breakdown of Your Item even as a result of Fair Wear and Tear.
- Free Assessment: We will not charge You for an assessment, even when no fault is found with Your Item.
- Free Freight Costs: During the claims process, We will Cover any freight costs associated with the handling of Your Item.
- Power Surge Protection: Your Item is Covered for a Breakdown caused by a power surge.
- Overseas Protection: Portable Items such as Laptops, Tablets, Mobile Phones and Digital Cameras that can be used whilst travelling overseas are Covered when they suffer a Breakdown whilst overseas.
- Small Business Cover: We provide Cover for laptops, desktops, tablets, printers and scanners used within a Small Business.
- Additional Benefits: Additional food spoilage and laundry service benefits are available in the event of a valid claim for the relevant Covered Item, even when the Covered Item fails due to Fair Wear and Tear.
- Transferability: Should You sell or gift Your Covered Item You can choose to transfer the Cover to the new owner of the Item.
The above benefits are all subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions.
Delivery Time Frames
Please be patient with us. We’ll do our best to get your orders to you as fast as possible however, some orders may be delayed. Orders with multiple items may be delivered as separate packages. Heathcotes are committed to safeguarding the health, safety and wellbeing of our customers, employees and communities and will adhere to the Government’s guidelines when handling these items.
Once you place your order our work begins. Our extensive delivery network means we can ship anywhere in the North & South Islands. We will ship directly to your home or business.
Once the order leaves our warehouse you will receive a dispatch email with tracking information.
Delivery time frames vary depending on location in New Zealand. Please allow for extra time if you are in a rural address.
Please note that all orders placed on the weekend will be processed on Monday morning.
Small items Delivery Time Frames - Please allow 3-7 working days. Rural areas please allow an extra day or two.
Large items Delivery Time Frames - Please allow 5-10 working days. Rural areas please allow an extra day or two.
Bed & Bedroom Furniture Delivery Time Frames - Please allow 10-14 working days. Rural areas please allow an extra day or two.
Tracking Your Order
Heathcotes partner with Courier Post & Fliway Transport to deliver your order direct to your door.
If you have any questions regarding the delivery of your product please contact the Heathcote Appliances website team email@example.com
The easiest way to calculate freight cost when viewing an item is to click the "Calculate Freight" link and then enter your postcode. If you are ordering multiple items, often there will be a freight saving - the total freight cost will be displayed at shopping cart time.
National Delivery Network
For smaller orders, we use CourierPost's network, for larger orders we use Fliway's Delivery Network. All orders must be signed for on delivery so we know that your purchase has been delivered successfully.
If you have any questions regarding the delivery of your product please contact the Heathcote Appliances website firstname.lastname@example.org